:: Saturday, March 13, 2004
saw the new movie "BUTTERFLY EFFECT" last night..
not bad for a stoner lo-fi B-grade mindfuck film.. but, yeah.. if ya wanna go see it.. recommend you get some mild brain warpin' stimulants into ya brain before ya head on in.. would work well for the chemically altered amongst ya.. but, yeah.. otherwise.. I'd give it 2 1/2 stars out've 4..
afterwards, lookin' to sink a few beers and get stupid.. I had me the typical random / weird / potentially fatal CROWN N ANCHOR experience.. (as follows)..
1. me n Craig, get one of those outside tables, on the UNION st side.. right on the corner more or less.. buying rounds of beers, watching frequent fleets of ambulances / cop cars, etc.. whizz past..
2. some fashion designer chick I know, spots us.. grabs a seat, has a bit of a chat.. she brings along a somewhat confusing (and highly drunk) swedish guy.. with the improbable name of "ALFRED"... (seriously, how many swedish guys get called ALFRED??)
3. somewhat scruffy ALFRED is left behind, whilst fashion designer chick skoots off elsewhere.. ALFRED in his near impossible combination of swedish accent and drunkeness.. tells us about the drug culture in Denmark.. coz apparently.. (and hey, if you know about this, tell me otherwise) in the city of Copenhagen.. there's this nutty like artist enclave in the middle of it somewhere.. sorta built up since the 70's by crazy bohemians.. that's like this law all unto it'self.. it's own borders, it's own rules, everything.. and it's like this drug haven.. street vendors with hotdog carts, selling drugs on the footpaths.. we dunno whether to believe this dude, think he's full of rubbish.. or wot'ever.. but either way.. he's funny.. so.. cheap entertainment for the time being..
4. ALFRED decides to show us his drug supply, and in full view of anyone to see, pulls out a baggie, a tin, hunts for some papers.. and starts rolling up joints.. with the bouncers standing JUST behind us.. he's thinkin'.. "HEY JUST LIKE COPENHAGEN.. LETS GO NUTS!!".. but after much subtle coughing, gagging, and gesturing.. we try and tell him.. that it HELPS to hide that shit from full view.. coz YES, it IS decriminalised here.. but NO.. it still ain't legal.. and those bouncers standing RIGHT BEHIND us.. may have issues with it..
in the middle of all this, an UNFAMILIAR DRUNK turns up.. finds a spare seat.. and sits down.. we sort've assume he's a friend of ALRED's or somethin'.. so we largely ignore him.. and he keeps to himself..
we then send ALFRED off.. to go down a side-alley somewhere.. coz, he's probably safer having a happy few joints there.. (we didn't see him for the rest of the night.. so WHO KNOWS where he ended up?)
5. so, we're sitting there, with UNFAMILIAR DRUNK.. he's just lookin', I dunno.. drunk.. drinking his beer.. gibbering something unintelligible.. and largely keepin' cool, keeps to himself... we think... "eh wot'ever".. keep on drinkin'..
6. this punk dude "FLICK", with a huuuuge high pink twin mohawk, spots us.. recognises me.. and sits down with us to say "yo!".. I wonder, "how the hell does this dude know me!!??".. but otherwise find it hilarious.. coz, somehow LOTS of colourful freaks seem to recognise me.. and I dunno why.. meanwhile, UNFAMILIAR DRUNK still sits there.. drinkin' away.. occassionally we scratch our heads.. and wonder "do we know this guy??".. but considering he seems quite peaceful there.. we dare not move him..
7. I duck off for a piss and since it's my round I buy 2 beers.. returning to the table, punk dude has left.. and it's just craig, and UNFAMILIAR DRUNK.. so, there we are.. drinkin' our beers.. whilst UNFAMILIAR DRUNK cradles his now empty beer glass.. he looks at us with our full glasses of beer.. he looks down at his empty glass.. and gets a concerned look on his face.. finally he speaks.. "Oi.. WHERE's ME BEER!?"..
me n craig look puzzled... so, UNFAMILIAR DRUNK says it again.. "HEY, WHERE's ME BEER!!??"..
we still got no idea wot he's on about..
"YOU ONLY BOUGHT 2 BEERS!!.. WHERE's MY BEER!!??".. I tell him.. "um, dude.. wot you on about!??"..
"I BOUGHT YOU 2 BEERS BEFORE!!?? so.. where's MINE!!??".. again, we look puzzled.. we tell him.. "er, no.. you DIDN'T buy us beers.. wotcha talking about!??"
unable to cope with logic.. UNFAMILIAR DRUNKEN guy.. has a hissy fit.. wields his empty beer glass angrily.. and proceeds to toss it shattering onto the street in disgust.. the bouncers behind us.. conveniently turn up, and before UNFAMILIAR DRUNK can even react.. drag him off yelling and screaming abuse..
considering the events that just unfolded.. we just laugh and keep drinkin'.. thinkin' it's just yet another CROWN N ACHOR random act of stupidity..
8. at this point.. somehow the subject of "SKITTLEBRAU" comes up.. (that mythological brew that HOMER SIMPSON dreams up.. combining a bag of skittles with a six pack of beer..) so, in the spirit of invention.. me n craig, somewhat drunkingly try to combine a mushed up MARS BAR into a pint of DARK ALE.. making for a rather crude looking lumpy dark poo brown milkshake type thing.. flavour proved to be rather disjointed and confused..
getting bored with the CROWN N ANCHOR at this point.. we leave..
but still.. gives you an indication of some of the random weirdness you'd always find there..
:: Spoz 7:17 PM |