:: Monday, May 05, 2003
and for those of you wondering..
like ever hungry slavering jackals..
"where's spoz's daily bollocks?"
well.. blame the blogger servers.. for deciding to break down at exactly those late night moments I decide to let a weird thought enter my head..
just when I thought.. "hey, that's something stupid to write".. my attempts to access "http://www.blogger.com".. jammed up..
so, anywaze.. just so ya don't miss out on anything.. here's some of the random nonsense I've been entertaining in my head..
1. SUM 41 and GOOD CHARLOTTE.. is it just me.. or are these guys just the same fucken band? apparently, I can't really tell the difference.. merely for the fact that the 1st is a more serious indie punk band, and the 2nd is a more cheesy teenage punk band.. either way.. same shit / different smell.. but, for the record, I chose to be less indifferent towards SUM 41.. those dudes seem alright..
2. BADLY DRAWN BOY.. this dude baffles me in about the same way that WOODY ALLEN baffles me.. for me it just seems like the same thing, just different mediums of music and film.. 2 artists.. both with seemingly incomprehensible fan-bases.. like it's all just a big in-joke and I wuzn't there to witness it.. I've never really understood wot the whole fuss is about WOODY ALLEN films.. they even had one on tonight.. and there I wuz, at 12AM, watchin' it half arsed.. thinkin'.. "WOT DA F..?".. I get the same reaction from BADLY DRAWN BOY.. if I can actually keep my eyelids open..
3. I just heard this rumour from someone online.. apparently, Madonna recently released a song on KAZAA.. and when people downloaded it.. it consisted of her screaming "WOT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!!??".. dunno if it's a confirmed rumour or not, but either way.. gotta appreciate the humour in that..
4. speaking of KAZAA.. I got duped by another file botchin' prank.. usually you get fooled, when in the attempt to say.. download a file called "Eminem - Lose Yourself.mpg", you instead end of with a music vid of Christina Aguilera.. cursing and swearing over the fact you didn't bother to check the file 1/4 into the transfer..
but, now.. with a regular habit of checkin' downloaded music videos when I have say 10% of it.. I've been hit with another prank, where.. I wuz thinking I wuz gettin' "Placebo - The Bitter End.mpg".. and, sure enough.. the beginning 10% was that file.. but, wot I didn't realise till later.. wuz that some idiot spliced "Nine Inch Nails - Help Me I'm In Hell.mpg" into it later into the video.. to evade detection from people checkin' the first section.. real fucken annoying..
5. this week.. maybe, against all forces of procrastination.. I might actually work on finishing a song.. YES! it will happen! it will be done! I will get off me proverbially arse and actually complete something.. coz, fuckit.. I've been too lazy of late.. (but did everyone enjoy the live gig I posted online anywaze... hmmmm?)
6. suprised to see good reviews out for X-MEN2 and MATRIX RELOADED.. there's 2 possible reasons for this - (a) they're actually as good as they're hyped up to be (I fucken hope so.. since I'll be seeing 'em soon enough..) or (b) as another side effect of this global strategy to release movies simultaneously everywhere around the globe (to counteract movie pirates..) it means the reviewers need to give movies a "grace period".. so they can still rush in high grosses at the box office.. before the stench of a seriously BOMB worthy movie leaks out.. (ie: PEARL HARBOUR, WILD WILD WEST, TOMB RAIDER.. etc.. etc..)
7. thinkin' existentially, as I'm prone to do... when I'm burning a six foot hole in the ground.. (hopefully many centuries hence.. if at all) wot the fuck reason would my life be for?.. I'm not saying I'm not enjoying this life.. in fact, it's a lot of fun mostly.. some nice challenges.. etc..
but all in all.. wot's the point of it all? discounting fanciful theories of higher powers?.. is this the endless fueling angst that keeps philosophers fed in government grants from universities?... hmmm.. makes me wonder.. perhaps, I hope.. either way.. at some stage in my lifetime.. I'll hopefully crack the great riddle of this universe.. and thus, understand, comprehend it all.. perhaps, I am indeed living IN a matrix.. and only just becoming aware of my sensory trap.. hmmmmm? do I sense deja vu? muhahahhahaha
yes.. I really DO spend a lot of time bullshitin' endless stuff.. DO I?
makes me wonder.. why DO you read this? ;)
:: Spoz 5:28 AM |