:: Friday, April 25, 2003
the internet music scene.. is a funny and baffling thing..
I've been writing weird-ass goofy shit.. which could very well be confused for being music..
and been puttin' it online, since the beginning of 1999..
so.. you write the music..
you post it online..
and there it sits, in an ever tinier corner of cyberspace..
at least you'd think that in all rationality..
I mean.. to refer to a previous post..
HOW BIG IS THE INTERNET?
and therefore.. how insignificant is my musical presence..?
but.. the internet music scene is a funny animal..
post shit online.. and before ya know it.. you get all sorts of weird data traffic flowing back..
1. weirdly comical and somewhat incomprehensible fan-mails from dudes in Russia.. who proclaim their undying love of ya music.. (you should see some of the funny and sometimes scary shit I get..)
2. dudes from Iceland, Canada, Finland, Porta Rico.. and other places ya never heard of.. who, for reasons you'd never fathom.. want you (tiny tiny internet underground act) to play gigs there.. it's not like they're offering cash or anything.. but damn hilarious when you read.. "I LVoE YYyYOOoOs GUUuyYSS!!!! YOuUUXZU FuCkKNG ROcKK! CAN YA wANNA PLaY RTHE 2nD BIGGENST CLUB IN ICELanD!!??"
3. occassional spam-mailouts from various manufacturers.. who wanna make deals for cutting vinyl dub plates to play in nightclubs..
4. other music websites.. wanting you to submit your music there.. as if your magical presence will help to boost their popularity.. (hey, it's how we got onto MP3.com.au.. they actually wanted us to submit music to LAUNCH the site.. ;) )
5. occassional dudes wanting you to give an interview.. (which is kinda cool)
6. scary scary stalkers.. (yes.. we've had those too..)
7. even freakier.. the day AFTER you release a new song.. you get someone e-mailing you a remix they've done of it.. WOT DA FUCK IS UP WITH THAT??
and now today.. an e-mail from dudes from this website, http://www.breakbeat.co.uk
and they actually wanted to get me into "submitting some knowledgeable, passionate content for the world's biggest d&b site - Drum & Bass Arena".. I thought from the size n scope of the site.. that, ok.. it wuz definitely a spam-mailout.. yet.. found it odd.. when at the bottom of the e-mail it says.. "please drop me a mail or give me a ring to discuss further." I mean.. wot da fuck is up with that????
me tiny tiny insignificant squished bug, on the windscreen of the internet..
gettin' all this crazy shit coming my way..
they think I KNOW SHIT??
hahahhahaahaha.. maaan that's freaky..
yup.. being an internet musician is a damn funny thing..
gotta luv it :-)
:: Spoz 4:06 PM |