:: Monday, March 17, 2003
WEIRD OR OTHERWISE STUPID MOMENTS IN MY WEEKEND..
seems this one wuz chock-full of idiot good'ness.. here's some of the stranger highlights..
1. on Friday night had this plan to see the BORDERLAND CD Launch at LE-ROX, mostly coz J-DED were playing.. (coz even tho' they're young freaks, they fucken ROCK.. so yeah.. nuff said).. anywaze, walkin' in.. we come across these dudes at the door.. askin' if we'd been stamped already (ie: paid $8 to get in before, and just returning..), me friend Stuckey just gestures blankly at his wrist and then promptly flees upstairs.. leaving me n Craig standin' there like stunned monkeys.. our response wuz to then blurt out.. "um, we're here to see people" and just fled upstairs as well.. it kinda boggles me that none of those dudes bothered to chase us down.. ;)
2. later that night and many more beers on in the journey.. we go in search of this bizarre little club just off Rundle Mall.. known as the "JADE MONKEY".. upon finding it with the hypnotic tiny blinking fairy light entrance.. I wuz unofficially nominated to go storming in first.. as with any other weird club / pub.. I go waltzing in all drunk and demented.. to discover, to my horror.. that the place wuz DEAD silent.. (we're talkin' a pin droppin' on carpet kinda silence..) everyone upon hearing me stompin' on in.. just turn and stare at me.. so, doing wot anyone else would do in a situation like this.. I just ran the fuck out've there..
a few seconds later, with united group force we snuck in.. dead silent venue, some freakish baldin' Krusty the Clown haired dude doing one of those dark trousers with white suspenders look playin' away lightly on an acoustic guitar, and singing like a castrated kermit the frog.. everyone in the crowd, dead silent, absorbing it all.. us new arrivals, doing our best (and in some cases WORST) effort not to burst out laughing.. attempting to acclimatize to the situation.. ordering beers in improvised sign language.. making sure not to walk on the squeaky floor boards, all the while.. desperately trying not to lose me shit laughing.. eventually it got to be too much.. and a few people fled.. only to hear them explode in a fit of giggles further down the alleyway.. suffice to say, wierdest venue I've been in a LONG TIME..
3. I wake up Saturday with a hazin' hangover.. and find out my father's been involved in a bike accident and he's in hospital - long story short, he wuz out riding his bike... next thing he knew it, he woke up in hospital.. wuz under observation for several hours for possible head injuries, only to be then let out.. with just a few bruises, scratches, and a black eye.. apparently.. he's fine.. but, no memory of how it happened.. yup, WEIRD..
Saturday night, there's this huge gig at Adelaide Uni Bar - CIRCLE CLAN, TESTEAGLES, SNAP TO ZERO.. Stuckey had this nutty plan to do guest vocals for CIRCLE CLAN, so.. we turn up extra early.. to discover, no he ISN'T doing guest vocals.. but, we somehow get free entry anywaze.. (avoiding the $12 fee at the door.. whoaa..). of course, this isn't weird in itself.. but, still witness to a few funny things..
4. me friend Craig, somehow decided to employ a new tactic in the mosh pit tonight, by employing rugby tackle manoeuvers.. rather conveniently in my direction.. so, happily drinkin' beers totally oblivious.. I'm then pile-driven into the crowd full force and then into the ground.. but, just for laughs, I kept using the idiot to cushion the fall.. with luck he's ended up with more bruises than I did ;)
overall.. probably one of the most mental mosh pit action I've had in a while.. we were flaying around like twats.. (with plenty 'o alcohol to thank for it.. :)
5. near the end of the TESTEAGLES set (the headlining act), somehow Stuckey ends up on stage.. goes hardcore hiphop freestyler freak mode.. and just blows da fuck out've the joint for the entire song, like he owned it.. damn it wuz INSANE.. (no idea why they let 'im up there.. but, he didn't disappoint..). Since nobody in the crowd tried to kill him afterwards... I'm guessing he did well.. nice one bruvva! Also scored a free CIRCLE CLAN CD from it.. so, yeah.. kickass alround..
6. after the gig.. we stagger around, doing a bit of bar hopping.. wind up in some downstairs club on Pultney St, just off Rundle Mall (and no, I couldn't remember the name of it..), anywaze.. walking thru the crowds.. we come across a table of freaks, who.. seeing me.. start chanting "ROBERT!!! ROBERT!! ROBERT!! WOOOOOO!!!".. apparently, recognising me from last week's YOUR MOTIVE FOR CD launch.. yet, somehow mistakin' me as some dude called "Robert".. not one to spoil a joke.. I just ran with it.. and the idiots were hootin' like chimps everytime I passed 'em.. made no sense wot'so'ever.. but yeah.. nice one dudes!
7. other idiotic Saturday night moments - being thrown out've the STAG for playing with a VB streamer hangin' off the balcony, paying $5.50 for a Coopers Pale Ale in some yuppie downstairs joint in Rundle St (ouch!) some chick on the late-night bus home, who I kept calling "Nut Spread" (and no, I don't know why..)
yup.. damn weird weekend..
(or, perhaps this is normal, and I'm just insane..)
:: Spoz 4:25 AM |