:: Sunday, January 05, 2003
highlights from my aimless Saturday night out..
1. managing once again to sneak into a gig for free by walking in the back entrance with all the band members.. having all this long hair does have it's advantages.. (everyone thinks I'm a roadie :-) )
2. having an in-depth intelligent discussion on dendraphilia (spelling?) ie: having sex with trees.. the point of contention, how exactly one has SEX with the tree (apparently, it's obvious when you're male.. not so obvious when female..) I figured.. since the tree is actually a living thing, it's not masturbation.
3. yet another random celebrity spotting - last weekend, it wuz spotting Katie Underwood in the Austral beergarden (that redheaded chick formerly from obnoxious pop group - Bardot). Tonight, it wuz spotting Toni Collette in the Enigma bar (that chick from "Muriels Wedding", "Sixth Sense", "Shaft".. y'know.. THAT chick..)
4. those skin cancer inducing UV lights in the venue.. showing up a funny white blotch on Joe's jeans.. which we then called the "Phenomenal Splotch".. (or something funnier with more words, but I forgot..)
5. the bands on the night, they rocked.. (well, ok.. they always do when you're drunk).. moments of note -
YOUR MOTIVE FOR playing those funkin' new tracks where the bass player, Josh sings (a welcome change from all those left-over Yakspit songs..), the new stuff is 100x better than any of the older stuff - much more textured, complex, adult, deep and compelling.. good shit dudes.. keep it up :-)
GELBISON - ok, is it pronounced "Girl Bison", or "Girlbeeson"?.. either way, serious dug their wall-of-sound freaky-ass wailing act'o'noise they performed.. dunno if I actually heard a distinct song in that mix.. but, dug every minute I caught of it..
SLEEPY JACKSON - I wuz too drunk at this point, some people claimed they sounded kinda country, I just dug the songs I recognised from Triple JJJ (wot can I say, I'm a simple person.. hehehhehhehe)
6. Coopers Pale Ale - gotta thank 'em, for once again treating me right on the night..
7. scored ANOTHER free CD, when I ducked over next door to ALLURE.. and caught the tail end of a NEW POLLUTANTS set.. those dudes rock, they're playing the Adelaide BIG DAY OUT.. get there early, check them out.. (and, while you're there.. check out CIRCLE CLAN, YOUR MOTIVE FOR.. and TESTEAGLES.. coz they're playing too..)
8. dancing like a hyperactive loon at NEW POLLUTANTS, and people woop it up.. I woop it up at YOUR MOTIVE FOR, and this chick next to me says.."duuude, that's some kickass loud voice you got there..". Yup, I act like an absolute drunken twat, and people love me for me.. (is the world seriously fucked up? or is this a good thing!???)
9. once again making it home saftely - 6 beers and 8 hours later, with minimal brain damage.. :-)
:: Spoz 3:18 AM |