:: Wednesday, October 23, 2002
so, went to a solo gig on a Tuesday night.. which, is a pretty weird thing in itself but, of course.. it got weirder than that.. here's some of the somewhat half remembered drunk highlights..
1. somehow, I didn't manage to spend a cent.. yet, still managed to drink a shitload of beer.. (Wokka's beer rider.. gotta love it.. ;)
2. in the middle of Wokka's solo set, some crazed drunken old chick ended up splattered all over the glass door just near the stage (outside looking in..) banging on the door.. begging to be let in.. Wokka, in the middle of playing.. looks her way.. (wondering wot the fuck wuz going on).. and seeing the drunken old chick banging on the door.. just shrugs.. as if to say.. "me?? let you in?? dude.. I'm PLAYING RIGHT NOW!!!"
3. the drunken old chick somehow gets inside regardless.. latches onto the nearest guy.. starts throwing around $100 bills around everywhere.. and then drags the nearest guy onto the dancefloor.. for some bizarre drag-around-the-room puppeteer style ballroom dancing in front of the stage..
4. seeing this drunken old chick draggin' random guys around around for some weird impromptu lap dances / ballroom dancing.. we're then distracted.. when 2 family pizzas get delivered to some dudes inside.. (mmmmm.. pizza..)
5. oh.. and I drunk a shitload of beer.. and it wuz ALL FREE!!! YIPEEEEEE!
yup.. a lot of it wuz to do with the FREE BEER (do I really need to repeat that?.. FREE BEER!! WAHOOOOOOOOOO!), but.. otherwise.. here's my quick, somewhat random review of Wokka's solo gig.. (thought I'd mention.. most of this, will be in random note form..)
shock gig report!.. WOKKA PLAYS HAPPY at a solo gig!!
yup.. Warwick Ing (or.. as people in the "know" like to call him.. the "WING!") played an oddly cheerful set tonight at the Crown N Anchor.. cheerfully slaying the piano with grinning merciless aggression.. grinning from ear to ear as he screamed like a tortured cat with rabies (can a cat get rabies? anyone know?.. oh nevermind..). Wokka played a fullblown double set.. wedged into a dusty corner of Crown N Anchor (with accompanying disco ball ambience) yet desperately clawing his way over the strangely noisy Tuesday crowd chattering in the venue.. he fought a furious battle of musical murder.. adding to his signature sound with layers after layers of textured dark manevolence (string sections / harpsicord twanging.. and cat strangling screams, gotta love it..).. somewhat sporadically distracted by drunken mishaps just in front of the stage..
a grade A angsty performance.. (yet, also.. oddly cheerful.. hmmm.. wot wuz UP with that!!??) a multextured / multilayered / multimedia lunatic experience of Random Tuesday mayhem.. but.. DAMN wuz it a good gig..
and hey.. the BEER was FREE ;)
so.. all in all.. it wuz all good..
:: Spoz 1:05 AM |